- Check-in Time: 3:00 PM
- Check-out Time: 11:00 AM
Pets Welcome: Pets are welcome at a nightly charge of $30 fee per dog. Details
Cortina Inn & Resort
- Nature Trail back at the Cortina: The trail starts with the Blue Ridge trail at the Cortina and it goes all around the property, through the woods, ending at the upper hill where the Cortina Gazebo is so you will get the great view to the pond. Ask for a map at the front desk.
- Canty Trail in Blue Ridge Mountain. Blue Ridge Mountain Trail guide You can start this trail directly from the Cortina Inn, walk up to “Old Turnpike Road” through the Blue Ridge Trail, and then follow the signs that direct you to the entrance of the Blue Ridge Trail across the road. On a scale of 1 to 4, this hike is about a 3. The 4.8-mile round trip took up about three hours with few short breaks and including taking photos at the lookout. Plan on two hours or less up and about 1 1/4 hours back down at a moderate pace including rest stops. Beginning part of the hike is fairly level, but at the 1.6-mile mark the trail becomes more challenging. There is a total 1,490 foot elevation change on this trail.
- Deer Overlook Trail: The Deer Leap trail is an offshoot of the nearby Appalachian Trail that is a relatively short but rugged hike to the top of a rock outcrop with dramatic views of the Coolidge Range and Sherburne Pass.
- Gifford Woos State Park: with its location at the base of Killington and Pico peaks and close proximity to the Appalachian and Long trails, this park is a favorite of hikers. Many through-hikers pass the park on their Appalachian Trail journey from Georgia to Maine. Visit Gifford Wood State Park website for more information and check out the printable Gifford Woods Trail Map.
- Long Trail: Vermont and the Long Trail hold a prominent place in the history of the Appalachian Trail. It may have been on or near the summit of Stratton Mountain, after construction of the Long Trail was begun, that the idea of an extended footpath linking the scenic ridges of the East crystallized in the mind of Appalachian Trail visionary Benton MacKaye. In Vermont, the Appalachian Trail coincides with the Long Trail from the Massachusetts border to Maine Junction at Willard Gap just north of U.S. 4, and then swings east to cross the Connecticut River near Hanover, New Hampshire, a distance of 149.8 miles. The GMC maintains the AT from the Massachusetts border to Vt. 12. to Norwich. For more information about the Appalachian Trail, contact the Appalachian Trail Conservancy.
- Killington: Killington Bike Park webiste
- Pine Hill Park: Check out the link Pine Hill Park website
It offers 16 miles of single-track trail spread over 325 acres of terrain offering some of the very best mountain biking, trail running, hiking, walking, snowshoeing, and geocaching in the central Vermont region. Check out the link
- Killington-Barnard Loop: Killington -Barnard Loop Route
- Kayak king : The Kayak King has been providing family friendly kayak rentals in the Killington, Vermont area for over 15 years. Check out the Kayak King Website for more information on rentals, rates and contact information.
- Take an unforgettable voyage over the magical Quechee, Vermont area, with a hot air balloon ride. Quechee is only 26 miles from Killington, around a 40 minutes ride from the Cortina Inn. Check out Balloon of Vermont Website for more information.
Quechee Hot Balloon Festival is celebrated every year. It is known for been the longest running hot air balloon festivals in New England. Don’t miss this exciting festival featuring up to 20 hot air balloons with five flights scheduled throughout the festival and additional tethered rides during the day. Enjoy continuous music and entertainment for all ages, and over 60 craft artisans and commercial vendors. Children’s activities Euro Bungee, a Rock Climbing wall, bounce house and more. And of course there will be festival food with local healthy options and a beer and wine garden, with more surprises on site!
Quechee Hot Air Balloon Festival Website
- Green Mountain National Golf Course: Check out the Green Mountain National Website for more information.
- Killington Golf Course: Check out the Killington Golf Course Website for more information.
- Mendon Mini Golf and Snack Bar: Check out the Mendon Mini Golf Website for more information.