Cortina Inn & Resort
Vermont is a very special place to visit during the fall foliage (late September - mid October). Its rolling hills and vast countryside are splattered with brilliant dazzling reds, oranges and golds that will leave a lasting memory.
There are several events and festival during the Fall season, bellow you will find some information and events in the Killington-Rutland Area and surroundings. Also, there are someFarms in the Area that you will love to visit during the Harvest Season.
- Killington BrewFest: The 4,241-foot Killington peak is the setting for the resort’s annual food and beer festival with 100 regional craft brews. For more information, Check out Killington BrewFest Website.
- Stowe Oktoberfest: The town of Stowe and the resort host a weekend Oktoberfest with parade, beer tent, German cuisine and live music, including yodeling. For more information, Check out Stowe Oktoberfest Website
- Killington Oktoberfest: Over Columbus Day weekend, Killington hosts their first Oktoberfest, complete keg bowling, bratwurst eating contest, beer, live music and the World Championship Stein Hoisting Qualifying taking place on Saturday evening, with the chance to win an all-expense paid trip to Oktoberfest Munich, 2016. For more information, Check out Killington Oktoberfest Website.
- Downtown Rutland, Places and Things to Do: If you’re looking for something to do, downtown Rutland is the place to be…no matter the season. The beautiful and historic Paramount Theatre in the heart of downtown brings a wide variety of top-shelf entertainment, from national and international music, theater and comedy, to local acts and live sports broadcasts, year-round. If you’re in the mood for more of the music scene, choose from any number of the downtown venues that are home to numerous local and regional talents. The Wonderfeet Kids’ Museum offers a fun and educational environment for children, families and schools to engage in. Explore fine arts and fun classes in the many art galleries or enjoy a movie on the big screen at Flagship Cinemas. Plus, don’t miss the annuals events and festivals that bring the streets to life! Check Out Downtown Rutland Website to find more information.
- Mendon Mountain Orchards: Located on Route 4, just a few minutes from the Cortina Inn. Enjoy the beauty of Vermont foliage and hand select your own apples from several different heirloom varieties. For more information, Check out Mendon Mountain Orchards Website.
- Hathaway Farm: On Saturday nights during Moonlight Madness in September & October, viewing the night sky is breathtaking from on top of a bridge in the middle of a Vermont corn field! Moonlight Madness is EVERY Saturday night in Sept & Oct when they stay open & allow admission until 9:00PM. For more information, Check out Hathaway Farm Website.
- Vermont State Fair: The Vermont State Fair is an agricultural fair managed by The Rutland County Agricultural Society. For 171 years it has delighted locals and visitors alike! Swing by for rides, entertainment, agricultural exhibits, live music, agricultural and culinary competitions, craft vendors, food vendors, and much more! For parking info, full schedule of events and exhibits, click Here. Address: Vermont State Fairgrounds - 175 South Main St. Rutland, VT For more Information, you can call to 802-775-5200.